WE ARE HERE TO HELP YOU...
We live in an area that has a vast safety net in place. Not all of these resources are public knowledge. If you or someone you know is in need of mental health services or financial assistance, please click the "Assistance" button below. Your note will go directly to the pastor confidentially and she will be in touch with you asap. You may also call Chrissy 802-839-8195 for immediate assistance.
The Mad River Valley Food Shelf is located in Waitsfield Village. Contact Chrissy if you need food outside of the regular hours
"Service Sunday" on 5/21/17!
Check out some highlights below...
Community Outreach We Support...
The Warren Church provides opportunities to enliven your spirit and experience the joy of sharing your gift of donations, time and talents with others. Dollars raised through our annual outreach fundraisers such as the Church Barbecue, Town Meeting Lunch, and community concerts support local emergency assistance and various local, state and worldwide organizations. This includes:
- CAPSTONE (formerly Central Vermont Community Action)
Offers emergency assistance to families in need.
- The Mad River Valley Interfaith Council serves the people of the MRV through outreach and fostering of unity and understanding in God’s love. The council operates the Valley Food Shelf located in the basement of Evergreen Place in Waitsfield. MRVIC gives to those in need including Thanksgiving food baskets and Christmas vouchers for children during the Christmas holiday. They strive to assist people in emergency situations through limited financial grants and guidance. Those in need of assistance can contact any of the Valley Churches or Faith leaders and they will provided guidance as to what services and assistance can be offered in a specific situation. This is a nonprofit group in the Valley that depends upon the gifts of congregations and individuals to sustain the requests that are presented to each year.
- Central Vermont Home Health and Hospice
Guides families through the transition from this life to what lies beyond.
- Hannah’s House
Hannah's House offers counseling services and community parenting courses in the Valley; its mission is based on the idea that focusing on the emotional health of the whole family unit might, in turn, help the symptomatic individual within the family as well as the other family members.
- "Service Sundays": Two Sundays a year we send out 5 or 6 teams to different local projects or homes in need of manual labor assistance.
- Good Samaritan Haven
The only homeless shelter in our county, serving both individuals and families
- VT Horse Assisted Therapy at Pease Farm
A stable that connects horses and children with disabilities.
- Dismas House
A resource for those re-entering society following incarceration.
- College Scholarships
Are awarded to church youth seeking a higher education
- Vacation Bible School - FREE 5-day camp held each summer at church, open to all
- Camperships - For Bible camp
Partners in Service - collects baby items and school supplies for foster children in central Vermont
- Support Valley families through MRV Interfaith Council (local food shelf, Thanksgiving dinners, Christmas gifts),
- Support social service agencies throughout Vermont during outreach week
- Support of Circle
Battered women's services
Additionally, the Community Service Team provides help with local housing repairs and chores, and church volunteers participate in workday field trips to The Vermont Foodbank to help with packing and stocking.
Our Church's Wider Mission - Changing Lives
Our Church’s Wider Mission (OCWM) through the United Church of Christ (UCC) enlivens God’s continued testament in the world, transforming lives in our local, national and worldwide communities.
Through our covenant of extravagant welcome and aid, our wider mission ministries unite for a just and peaceful world by responding to disasters and human tragedy, issues of justice, hunger, and needs that affect our neighbors at home and around the globe. Sixty-five percent of our OCWM dollars support Vermont Conference’s ministries on behalf of our local churches for faith education, clergy resources and youth camps. God's message of love and caring are evident through participation in the Church World Services Crop Walk, Blankets and Tools Campaigns, as well as gifts given through the UCC's "One Great Hour of Sharing" and "Neighbors in Need" offerings. In addition we support Church World Service (CWS) through crop walks, and regular donations for tools and blankets.
Fund raising work is a critical part of the Warren United Church’s greater mission, which both energizes members and yields funds in support of specific programs. There are a wide range of individual initiatives that our church sponsors or supports, and these opportunities are overseen by the Mission Committee. Annually the committee meets and selects the mission outreach for the year. These may be ongoing recurring commitments or single event support requests. Additionally, individuals within our church community, sometimes have personal commitments or interests to benefit a fundraising effort that they are passionate about, but that is not directly associated with the church’s fundraising commitment for the year. Examples are fundraisers for the Boy Scouts, school music fruit sales, sports events (runs or rides) fundraising to benefit cancer, food bank etc., The church encourages and supports these individual efforts of a congregant’s own mission work beyond the scope of selected annual missions. Before presenting a request for congregational support, in or from the church that is not one of the Stewardship and Mission committees selected benefactors for the year, the proposal request must be presented to the pastor for approval. The pastor may approve independently without collaboration in his or her best judgement, or if the request is deemed as needing a broader input and collaboration, the request shall be brought to the Church Council for review and approval.
In all that we do, we remain faithful to our mission:
We welcome people as they are,
Share Jesus as He is, and
Serve the Community with Love.